Navigation

Monday, February 4, 2019

Log 7

Today I'm gonna talk about my characters' creation and conception, featuring Helena and Jeffrey Way
Let's start off with this guy,

Now, before this guy is called Jeffrey Way, he was named Nabil .. or something, he went on many name changes, here's his old design I found in my notebook (I didn't know about sketchbook at 10 grade LOL)


I remember that he was made in 2010-2011. I was in hype for Kagerou Project and Hyouka, so I made him a generic brooding guy, we'll talk about Helena later. 

At that time I have a guy friend who happens to look like Kisaragi Shintaro and Oreki Houtarou (which Jeff's new design was based off of at that moment) had an interest in My Chemical Romance and Creepy Pasta, so I decided to named the character Jeffrey Way from Jeff the Killer and Gerard Way.

I made Jeff mostly to remind me of the good times I had in 2010-2012, where my classmates hyped Danger Days album. Jeff is really just your typical brooding guy who has been choked with the entire MCR albums, heck, even the first chapter is titled 'Teenager' which is a homage to the song itself.

Now to Helena


Helena went on many name changes, I can't list them all, but all I remember is that her (and Jeff's) names derived from the worksheet I had from ICT subject from my class, where we were given a list of names and stuff to make into a spreadsheet. This is her old design.


She's the gentle girl to Jeff's brooding guy, the Tateyama Ayano to his Shintaro Kisaragi, all that jazz. Her latest design is inspired by my guy friend's former girlfriend, a pink ombre hair which made her distinct to any ebony colored, long haired gentle anime girl; and her name, well, it's already obvious it was a homage to another MCR song 'Helena'.

As you can see, these two guys really just my way to remember the good ol' 2010s where things were ... simpler, where I got to draw my comic on weekend while listening to MCR album (mostly Danger Days) and laughing at my own jokes.

And that's all folks, I hope I can make another this 'creation and conception' post again in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting concept! and MCR is my favorite band too! You should make mcr-art themed with both of them!
    Looking foward for the new post!

    ReplyDelete